Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with hoarding and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting supplier. There are various forms of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a glance at these. Thus, you can decide what you need, based on whether you desire to create a web site, mailbox accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by various hosts, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions are often supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly fallacious interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would share the load between separate hosts of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous web site hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some firms offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting kind is appropriate if you would like to share an immense number of pics with friends or acquaintances since the service is typically free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to handling your email box accounts. Some companies offer web site hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you wish to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to manage as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to run a site. To a certain extent, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and emails, upload video clips, etc. At SupremeServer, for instance, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for specific content solely.